Recently I just reorganized my tool kit and was left with such a great feeling. It was like the closet organization equivalent for a florist. I’m sure in a few weeks time, it will be back to half rolled tapes and loose boutonniere pins, but for now it feels really good to have just the essentials in there. I put together a checklist for the florist or the hobbyist with some new found favorites and some old faithfuls.
This list is not meant to be exhaustive. There are so many other tools and trinkets that could make their way on this list, but think of this as your back to basics check list. If you had to grab 15 things and put them in your tool kit (without knowing the project or ask) what would they be? These are mine.
- Florist Knife // I’ve recently started to use a knife more and this one is great. I still almost always grab for clippers, but I’ve enjoyed using this one.
- Florist Shears
- Green Bind Wire
- First Aid Kits // Never leave home without one…
- Florist Pruners
- Fabric Scissors
- Florist Wire
- Waterproof Floral Tape
- Collapsible Trash Can // A recent find! This one is so incredibly sturdy and very packable.
- Canvas Tool Bag // My absolute FAVORITE. I love this bag so much. I’ve only had it for a few weeks, but it’s incredible and holds so much. I have another one to keep all of my clippers and scissors in. It’s washable, not too bulky or heavy…it’s a win.
- Foam Knife
- Corsage and Boutonnière Pins
- Wire Cutters
- Zip Ties
- Chicken Wire // A really cost effective option for chicken wire. I used this on a recent wedding and only used one roll! I used for all the mechanics on two installations and a few centerpieces and we didn’t open the second roll.